If you’re a loyal fan of The Elder Scrolls, surely you know the existence of Dragon Priest Masks. They are some of the most powerful items in the Skyrim game and there are only eight in the world. Although gathering these masks isn’t a formal quest of this game, most players still want to collect all of them. The reason is that people who own these masks will have special abilities. However, knowing, finding, and gathering Dragon Priest Masks isn’t an easy job. In order to help players know detailed about these powerful items, this article offers all related information about them. If you are interested in these masks, let’s follow us to learn!
- 1 The story of the Dragon Priest Masks
- 2 10 Dragon Priest Masks in Skyrim
- 2.1 Hevnoraak Dragon Priest Mask
- 2.2 Konahrik Dragon Priest Mask
- 2.3 Krosis Dragon Priest Mask
- 2.4 Morokei Dragon Priest Mask
- 2.5 Nahkriin Dragon Priest Mask
- 2.6 Otar Dragon Priest Mask
- 2.7 Rahgot Dragon Priest Mask
- 2.8 Vokun Dragon Priest Mask
- 2.9 Volsung Dragon Priest Mask
- 2.10 Wooden Dragon Priest Mask
The story of the Dragon Priest Masks
First of all, let’s find out a bit about the story of the Dragon Priest Masks and their source of power!
A long time ago, there was a group of powerful Nordic mages. They loved, worshiped, and served the dragons as their master. And they are called as the Dragon Priests. It can say that they are the most formidable foes in Skyrim because they are highly skilled. Thanks to their dedicated service to the dragons, they were given special masks called Dragon Priest Masks. These masks signified their powerful positions as the personal retainers of dragons.
The Dragon Priests died a long time ago. However, with a huge power from dragons, they have been resurrected in their tombs. And of course, they are all in crypts scattered across Skyrim. There are total 8 Dragon Priests with 8 named masks, one wooden mask, and one special mask. The Wooden mask is at Labyrinthian and the special one is in the Bromjunaar Sanctuary. You only can collect this special mask after gathering enough 9 other masks. Its information will be revealed when collecting 8 named masks and put them on their respective dragon statues.
10 Dragon Priest Masks in Skyrim
Hevnoraak Dragon Priest Mask
This is a mask in Skyrim with a special ability to grants an immunity to diseases and poisons. Its ability to resist disease is 100 points and resist poison is also 100 points. Hevnoraak Dragon Priest Mask is a heavy armor with the weight is 9 and made with Iron Ingot. You can find it in Valthume in the Reach, west of Dushnikh Val and east of Cradle Stone Tower. In order to own this mask, you need to defeat the Dragon Priest Hevnoraak in Valthume in the “Evil in Waiting” quest.
Hevnoraak Mask Notes and Trivia
- In the language of the dragon, Hevnon means “brutal”.
- In order to improve this mask, players must have 100 points of Smithing ability.
- If you have the DaedricSmithing perk, you will be able to double the improvements made.
Konahrik Dragon Priest Mask
Konahrik is the special mask in Skyrim. It is distinctly different from other masks in both the style and the color scheme of the hood. Its hood is black with the gold trim instead of brown with grey trim like usual masks. It should be worn with the Archmage’s Robes and Hooded Thalmor Robes. However, it is also not suitable with other forms of headgear like circlets.
The special abilities of this mask are to heal wearer and damage the nearby enemies. In detail, it will heal when the wearer is struck while he is in below 15% health. When being combined with high health and damage resistance, this mask even makes you near-immortal.
In order to have this mask, you need to gather all the previous masks and take them to the Bromjunaar Sanctuary. This sanctuary is in the central barrow in Labyrinthian and focuses on the dragon priest shrine.
Konahrik Mask Notes and Trivia
- In dragon language, Konahrik means “Warlord”
- If you have the DaedricSmithing perk, you can double the improvements made.
- This mask is not named after a Dragon Priest.
- Konahrik has the highest base armor rating.
Krosis Dragon Priest Mask
This is a great mask for those who play as thieves. It’s made from Iron Ingot with the weight is 5. When owning this mask, the alchemy, archery, and lockpicking skills of the wearer will be improved by 20%.
In order to have Krosis Dragon Priest Mask, players must defeat Krosis – one of the eight named dragon priests of Skyrim. You can find this dragon priest at the Dragon Lair of Shearpoint in a company of a leveled dragon. He typically perches atop the word wall.
Krosis Mask Notes and Trivia
- In the dragon language, Krosis means “Sorrow”
- If having the DaedricSmithing perk, you can double the improvements made for this mask.
Morokei Dragon Priest Mask
Morokei is also a mask in Skyrim. It is made from Moonstone and has the weight of 4. With this weight, it is a light armor. The special ability of this mask is to regenerate Magicka 100% faster.
Players can find it in Labyrinthian in Hjaalmarch south-southwest of Morthal. In order to have it, they must defeat the dragon priest Morokei in the quest “College of Winterhold Quest – The Staff of Magnus”.
Morokei Mask Notes and Trivia
- In the language of dragons, Morokei is “Glorious”.
- When having the DaedricSmithing perk, you can double your improvements made with this mask.
- Morokei Dragon Priest Mask is so suitable for those who play as a mage.
- This mask is also the one that has the second lowest armor rating.
Nahkriin Dragon Priest Mask
Nahkriin is a heavy armor that is made from Ebony Ingot. Its abilities are that its cost of destruction and restoration spells is less 20% and Magicka regenerates 50% faster.
In order to have this mask, players must defeat the Dragon Priest Nahkriin in Skuldafn during the quest The World-Eater’s Eyrie. They must do it before entering Sovngarde. And this is the only opportunity to own this mask because it’s impossible to return to Skuldafn.
Nahkriin Mask Notes and Trivia
- In dragon language, Nahkriin is “Vengeance”
- You can double the improvements made if having the DaedricSmithing perk.
Otar Dragon Priest Mask
Otar is a mask in the heavy armor class with the weight of 9. It is made from Refined Malachite with the ability to resist against fire, frost, and improve shock in 30%.
In order to have this mask, players must defeat Otar in Ragnvald in the Reach, north-northwest of Markarth.
Otar Mask Notes and Trivia
- When having DaedricSmithing perk, players can double the improvements made.
Rahgot Dragon Priest Mask
Rahgot Dragon Priest Mask is a mask in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is in the heavy armor class and made from Orichalcum Ingot. The special ability of this mask is to increases players’ Stamina by 70 points.
This mask is found in Forelhost in the Rift, south-southwest of Riften. To have it, you need to complete the quest “Siege on the Dragon Cult”.
Rahgot Mask Notes and Trivia
- In dragon language, Rahgot means “Anger”.
- If you want to double the improvements made, you need to have the DaedricSmithing perk.
- Increasing stamina is very good for Warrior classes, especially in Heavy Armor.
- This mask is good for Archers who need extra stamina to slow down time and zoom in on targets.
- When being combined with the Amulet of Kynareth, Gauldur Amulet, Sigdis’ Fragment, or Beef Stew, this mask will help increase total stamina but in varying degrees.
Vokun Dragon Priest Mask
Vokun is a dragon priest mask that made from Steel Ingot with the weight of 9. Its ability is to improve Conjuration, Illusion, and Alteration 20%. Players can find it in High Gate Ruins in the Pale, directly west of Solitude. In order to have it, they need to complete the quest “A Scroll ForAnska”.
Vokun Mask Notes and Trivia
- When translating into the language of dragons, Vokun means shadow.
- To double the improvements made, you need to have the DaedricSmithing perk.
- Update illusion and alteration spells are so good for mages, so, this mask is also a great mask for those who play as mages.
Volsung Dragon Priest Mask
This is the last mask in 8 named masks in Skyrim. With the weight of 5, Volsung is a light armor and it’s made totally from Corundum Ingot. It offers abilities to breathe underwater, carry 20% more weight, and deal price 20% better.
Players can find this mask in Volskygge in Haafingar. It is in the northwest of MorKazgur and north of Deepwood Redoubt. In order to have it, they must complete the quest “The Evil of Volskygge”.
Volsung Mask Notes and Trivia
- In the dragon language, Volsung means horror
- This is the most valuable mask with the gold is 4611.
- This mask is useful for building inventories
Wooden Dragon Priest Mask
Wooden Dragon Priest Mask is also a special mask since it made totally from wood. With the weight only 2, this is the lightest mask and belongs to the light armor class. Its skill perks are Bromjunaar’s Mystery. Players can find this wooden mask in a small burrow alter in Labyrinthian. It is close to the entrance of Shalidor’s Maze.
Wooden Mask Notes and Trivia
- The main purpose of this mask is to activate Bromjunaar’s Mystery. This helps to teleport the wearer back to the time that the dragon priest shrine was still intact.
- It is activated by wearing the mask in the location that its first found.
- When Bromjunaar’s Mystery is activated, the wooden mask hums with a strange energy.
- This is the only mask that is able to respawn over time.
- It has lots of useless outside of Labyrinthian.
Conclusion: Dragon Priest Masks are so powerful and gathering all of them are the real challenge. However, the challenge always can make us feel so excited, right? Hope that with the information we have just offered above, you will know more about these so powerful items in Skyrim. Thank you for reading!